Alleppey, Novmeber 22: The Allapuzha District Table Tennis Association (ADTTA), having hit upon a novel idea, unveiled the logo for the 76th Junior and Youth National and Inter State Championships at a small function held at the Press Club here on Saturday.
The logo, which was made public by Mercy Diana Macedo, Chairperson of the Alappuzha Municipality, also marked a special occasion for the hosts as this was the first time ever that a logo for national championships has been conjured up and released, thanks to the enthusiastic bunch of people in the ADTTA.
Adding to the uniqueness was making it a contest for the state’s table tennis aficionados and inviting them to participate in it with a cash prize offer of Rs. 3,001 for the chosen insignia (see the accompanying logo). And, of the 16 entries that came in, Joshy Vincent’s logo passed the jury panel’s test as the official logo for the event.
Vincent from Ernakulam has been invited to be present at the opening ceremony of the championships on November 25 to receive he cash prize. He will be receiving the cash reward from one of the guests of honour on the day at the SDV Centenary Hall in the evening.
Meanwhile, the logo release function had several other dignitaries-E. Jacob Philipose, Chairman, Organising Committee, Jacob John, Chairman Publicity Committee, P.K. Venkitaraman, Secretary, ADTTA, Michael Mathai, General Convener, N Ganeshan, Competition Manager, TTFI, Rony Mathew, Chairman, Food and Accommodation Committee and R Suresh, Chairman, Finance Committee.
The championships run through from November 25 to 30.
- Rest of Information coming soon
- PSPB monopoly to continue, pullouts to affect WB, NB teams
- Consistency pays four paddlers, to represent India at World Juniors
- Inaugural Rally of 76th Junior & Youth National Table Tennis Championships - 2014
- Total recall of Junior Girls team by NB, 16 teams make cut
- Kerala girls rout TN, Telengana scrape through to semifinals
- Telangana girls, Maharashtra boys lift junior silverwares
- Maharashtra boys and PSPB girls win Youth titles
- Fancied players move into pre-quarterfinals
- Abhishek, Manav win maiden titles; Manika retains youth crown